Arusha National Park
In between the peaks of Kilimanjaro and Meru, Arusha National Park is an outstanding and beautiful area. The park is packed with a wide range of habitats containing many birds and animals, like the beautiful bushbuck easily seen between the ancient cedar trees, or the black and white colobus monkeys climbing along their branches. Guided walking safaris and canoe trips on Lake Momella are available. This is a great and easy day trip from Arusha or Moshi.
Best Time to Go
- Best time to go: June to September (animals are easier to spot).
- High Season: Most of the year – July to March (the park never gets too crowded).
- Low Season: April and May.
- Best Weather: June to October (Little rainfall).
- Worst Weather: March and April (Peak of wet season).
- Spotting animals is easier as they gather at water sources and the vegetation is thin.
- It is sunny and there is little rain.
- Mornings and nights can be cold. Warm clothing is recommended for evenings and early morning game drives from June to August.
- The scenery is beautiful and at its most lush.
- It’s less crowded in April and May, as it is the low season. Also, rates are likely to be lower.
- Arusha National Park offers good wildlife viewing throughout the year (game is easier to spot during the dry season).
- Birding is best as migratory birds are present.
Don’t miss the opportunity to see wildlife because your time is short. Arusha National Park is easily done in a day. Head off with a delicious packed lunch, for what can be the most unexpected day. Add on a walking safari or a canoe safari and you will complete the day.